[sudoroom] Proposal to rent biohack room and fishbowl

Tony Barreca tony.barreca at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 22:10:34 CEST 2012

I've added Rusty's personal response to the thread.

Many excellent responses, but now there's a real red flag.  If the primary
intent is to set up a real recording facility in the space, the budget will
require some readjustment.  True sound isolation, if that's what's
required, is really expensive.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM, rusty lindgren <rustylindgren at gmail.com>wrote:

> How do you do vo work with talking in the background... How do you reduce
> room noise?  Headphones are also bad for your ears and are not ideal for
> mixing professional tracks...
> On Oct 26, 2012 12:27 PM, "Tony Barreca" <tony.barreca at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I'm completely clueless here, but I've done a ton of video
>> editing in development (i.e., programming) environments, and earphones
>> worked perfectly while avoiding disruptions or interference.  I wonder if
>> sound containment really deserves to be on the list?
>>
>> I suspect that minimizing constraints is probably a good idea.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Seems to me we have a few global needs which capture a large swath of
>>> interests:
>>>
>>> 1. Common, empty working table space. Somewhere to throw laptops down
>>> and have a huddle, or to open something up and put it back together.
>>> 2. Fixed station space. A few stations dedicated to particular, open
>>> usage (maybe a computer terminal, a 3-d printer, or some other device).