[Hacker-event-theory] turning feedback from ohm into learning points

Nick Farr nick at nickfarr.org
Sun Apr 6 02:31:56 CEST 2014

Allow me to rephrase:

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Nick Farr <nick at nickfarr.org> wrote:

> > Not sure how to interpret your comment.
>
> The teams exist from event to event and essentially emerge from CCC
> events.

These teams largely emerge from CCC events.  Network, Streaming, A/V,
InfoDesk, Eventphone, Angel Kitchen, etc...these are all pretty well
established teams that sustain themselves largely on the 5 CCC events that
happen for every 1 dutch camp.  Foxgate and other politics led to there
being completely new teams (i.e. Rehash) that did not bring the
battle-tested plans and experience with them that these other teams bring.

I also meant to say that the .NL folk should EMbed themselves into these
teams as much as they can.

The driving reason behind this list was that so much of that institutional
knowledge is lost, even on those who actively do it.

One HUGE thing that was forgotten at OHM was the Day 0 (i.e. night before)
All-Angel meeting. The meeting broke very foolishly because there was some
need for labor elsewhere on the campsite.

What we *should* have done is collected each team of Angels (Herald, A/V,
InfoDesk, Sanitation, etc.) and made sure relevant training happened and
made sure essential functions were completely staffed for the first day.

Nick