[hs-equality] Busy busy

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Tue Nov 20 08:05:08 CET 2012

That sounds fantastic, Sophie!  It sounds very similar to what we are
doing at Noisebridge (and other Bay Area spaces) with the feminist
hacker hive.
(https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Anarchafeminist_Hackerhive)

I love the idea of having a women-centric event at 28c3.

At the last hacker equality chat I mentioned accessibility which I also
try to work towards, and here is a good link about making spaces and
events accessible, developed mostly from the committee that puts on
WisCon the feminist science fiction convention:

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Accessibility

At WisCon some of the best bits of physical accessibility for me as a
wheelchair user are the signs that are high up (so they can be seen from
far away and low to the ground) and the aisles and seating areas marked
with blue tape, which make it much easier to be in crowds.

- Liz