[hackerspaces] Classes and costs

Silence Dogood matt at nycresistor.com
Thu Jul 21 19:23:38 CEST 2016

if you pay your teachers for their time above a certain amount you are
required by law to file a 1099.  if your teachers are teaching for your
organization and you intend to protect them with the corporate veil... this
is how you do that.

class attendees pay your org for the class the org offers.
the teacher gets paid by you.

if you are just a room for some teacher to use... you are offloading all
the liability onto the teacher, while also assuming all the liability you
already had.

at least that's my understanding of it.

-Matt