[hackerspaces] Classes and costs

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:12:49 CEST 2016

I think the approach is, any member can teach a class in whatever, and
it is encouraged, but the space/organization itself has no involvement
in running the classes, or taking any money, etc. It's basically
providing the space/venue/equipment/etc. but no other sort of "official"
support.

The teacher collects any payments from students and then can keep it
all, use it for consumables, and/or donate it to the space.

So yes, I think the offloading of responsibility to the teacher is the
approach that is happening.

Pete