[hackerspaces] Out with the "hackers"... In with the, "makers" and the "fixers"

Mars brown itcamefrommars at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:03:58 CET 2011

Oh this DARPA stuff disturbs me on the deepest level.
Kind of like how hollywood apparently owns the internet... of course that
was DARPANET at one point...

*Has any HSpaces taken advantage of this?*
Seems like it totally reinforces the negative hacker connotation - but in a
sense that the government has now recruited one "evil" to combat another
like terrorism or some non-US country.  Talk about kill the global sense of
community.

Honestly - I'd protest and bail from *any organization or company or
initiative* (regardless of the benefits) that gets involved with making
things that kill other human critters.
It's not a big anti-military kind of opinion... so please don't take it
that way - but rather I want nothing to directly do with death and
destruction in any form for any cause.