[hackerspaces] Out with the "hackers"... In with the, "makers" and the "fixers"

Phillip Rhodes motley.crue.fan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:32:41 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Mars brown <itcamefrommars at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh this DARPA stuff disturbs me on the deepest level.

Wow, yeah, this is a bit, erm, odd...

> It's not a big anti-military kind of opinion... so please don't take it that
> way - but rather I want nothing to directly do with death and destruction in
> any form for any cause.

Personally, being a libertarian, I would never suggest that any
individual hacker shouldn't be
free to do whatever he/she wants, so long as they're not violating
anyone else's rights...
but I personally *hope* hackers steer clear of helping the US
government and it's
corrupt / evil / corporatist / cronyism-based / empire building /
civil-liberties-robbing
agenda.

Now working on technologies that have military application in terms of
self-defense; I could
never argue against that.  The use of hacker skills to oppose tyranny,
well... That I could
never criticize.

Phil