[hackerspaces] Now I am totally depressed...

Eureka eureka at fusionnetwork.us
Wed Mar 3 20:29:49 CET 2010

  So far I think everyone has made very good points. Though it seems
that our focus is mostly on public schools. Being a person that went
threw the public school system in America (Grad in 2005) I would
absolutely have to agree. Despite what school is like around most of the
country in Wyoming its seen as "pretty good for public" We have smaller
classes than most and apparently better teachers?
  I don't know about either of those but I do remember wondering why no
one else seemed to care how things actually work. They just care that it
dose work and when it breaks they either call someone like us, sell it
on ebay to someone like us or just throw it away and buy a new one... It
seems that the majority of this country is not interested in the how or
why but just the "dose it work".
Oh well, as its been said before, we are not exactly "highly in demand"
employees (not for our hobby/hacking/etc skills anyway). The schools are
doing what they are asked for. There was some phrase that comes to mind
"Jack of everything, Master of nothing". I dont believe this describes
"us" very well but I don think it describes what the outside view of
"us" has come to be.  I guess it just means more toys for us and more
gear to take apart and have fun with.

-E
HackTheory