[foodhackingbase] Senait's Kitchen

Bezdomny home at bezdomny.org
Sat May 30 11:51:19 CEST 2015

I've been working with refugees in Athens to make food based businesses for
them to gain some autonomy.
Our biggest success to date is Senait's Kitchen,  a sold out event that
earned a huge profit for the Africans involved.
http://multikulti.gr/senait-popup-resto-photostory/
We (the volunteers) earn nothing.
The project is evolving and involving more people from more nations.
We are trying to establish a kitchen hackspace for anyone wanting to create
a meal,  hopefully we want this to lead to a more stable form of employment
for the refugees coming to Greece. A hackspace for food that can cater
large events,  equipped with a professional kitchen and a community of
committed volunteers.

Sending out requests for advice,  we'd love to have open source kitchen
appliances,  employ circular economy principles, any help or insight in
that direction welcome.

We'd like to form a social cooperative for this purpose as well