[sudoroom] [!!!] Sudo Move && Sudo Sign Lease?

David Rorex drorex at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:13:26 CET 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Ryan Bethencourt <
ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just one quick note about the space, a few of us were talking with George
> and he said that he wouldn't want "Sudo room" to sign the lease but would
> require named person(s) to sign for the lease and be financially
> responsible for the lease. I'm sure this isn't too much of a big deal as we
> all want to make the space happen but
>

> it'll be important to consider who will be on the lease and what financial
> protections those people will have from a sudo room default (if membership
> dues don't cover the gap).

Pretty much no protection...that's why he wants a name on the lease and not
the business, so that there's someone to go after if you stop paying rent.
We had to do a similar thing when we rented our first space, nobody wants
to rent to an entity with no record and no assets besides a couple bucks in
a checking account.