[sudoroom] include private workspace in sudoroom?

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Mon Oct 29 17:08:24 CET 2012

Hi Folks,

Just now going over emails after a weekend up north.  It's unfortunate to hear about the issue with another group overriding our classroom reservation.  If a system can be worked out with George to prevent this in the future, I think it would still be worth retaining access to the ready to use classroom and the meeting room that has so far been very useful to us.  Also, some pulsating RGB LEDs in the fishbowl would probably still be visible to street passers-by :) and maybe we could mention to George that the signage severely limits the appeal of that space for us if it still seems otherwise desirable, see if the reaction is accommodating.

Concerning the proposed budget, 2 things catch my eye.  First, dues are listed at $60 when alot of people said $50 was the max they wanted to pay iirc.  Second, was there a decision to eliminate the option for personal workspaces (tables or whatever, paid for at the same $/sf rate, with no special requirements RE noise, etc) in sudoroom?  That's a good source of revenue that has been omitted in this revised budget without any discussion that I could see.  If we need to amend the compact to include this, it might be worth doing.  It can be hard to work on big or long-term projects when you have to put everything away entirely after each session so I think excluding personal work areas would exclude a number of people on the list whose primary interests require the execution of such projects.  Second-and-a-halfth, is there a posted breakdown on money currently owed?

Sorry if this has already been covered in previous emails - I know I missed out on the big gathering and coming back to a full inbox leaves me confused and inevitably wandering threads for a few days.

Cheers,
Hol