[sudoroom] Introductions

Andrew Milmoe andrew at coolaboratory.com
Fri Nov 16 18:49:12 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm Andrew Milmoe.

I joined the list mostly to follow your progress as the organization grows. As the founder of Make:SF (5 years ago!) I had considered creating a space myself. Not a hacker space as much as a place for people to show up and do mini-workshops, see guest speakers, hang out, drink coffee, that sort of thing.

I've been in the maker/ microcontroller/ art/ technology/ physical computing space since attending and teaching at NYU-ITP graduate program, about 10 years ago.

I'm very interested in collaborative spaces, and how they might evolve to accentuate or replace a college education. (Will students of the future really spend $250K going to college or instead four years at a hacker space, skipping the massive debt part.)

Given all the cultural implications of Moore's Law I don't see adult education ever stopping. New forms and formats will have to evolve to meet demand.

Also, looking for opportunities to develop and teach workshops. (Taught at Workshop Weekend.)

Thanks for taking the initiative,
-Andrew

Andrew G. Milmoe
Principal, Coolaboratory