[sudoroom] Workshop Weekend Update

Anca Mosoiu anca at techliminal.com
Mon Nov 12 20:13:55 CET 2012

Here are even more photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/54dfyiz4coh9enp/vId6i5M_S0#/

JD and Gil can send out a message to all the attendees if you want to
invite folks to join the sudo list.  It might also be useful to create an
announce list for events, for those people who don't want to participate in
the active discussions, but who just want to know when interesting things
are happening.

If anyone wants to come to a Workshop Weekend post-mortem, we are meeting
up at Tech Liminal at 7:00 tonight to discuss the next event and learnings
from this one.

Cheers,

Anca.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Marina Kukso <marina.kukso at gmail.com>wrote:

> this is fantastic! thank you so much for sharing - this was our inaugural
> event in the new space!
>
> were you able to get contact info for any of the participants who would be
> interested in classes or who were interested in sudo in general?
>
> thanks for the pictures! i put the action shots on
> http://oaklandwiki.org/Workshop_Weekend and the SR shots on
> http://oaklandwiki.org/Sudo_Room.
>
> see you all soon,
> marina
>

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> This weekend Sudo Room hosted its first event in the upstairs "Art Room"
>> space. Attached are a few photos!
>>
>> Overall, the event was a huge success and there were lots of people
>> interested in Sudo Room. In particular:
>>
>>    1. There is interest in a basic HTML / CSS meetup or workshop.
>>    2. Milo from Type A Machines is interested in bringing more
>>    workshops, including his 3D printers, back to Sudo Room.
>>    3. Workshop Weekend wants to come back, and will be able to better
>>    plan around the size of our space to include more workshops, and possibly
>>    organize them into a cohesive theme.
>>
>> Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions, thanks to everyone who
>> came out!
>> // Matt

-=-=-=-
Anca Mosoiu | Tech Liminal