[sudoroom] SETIcon II this weekend

Praveen Paritosh pkparitosh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:10:45 CEST 2012

SETIcon II <http://seticon.com/> is in Santa Clara this weekend, starting
Friday evening and running through Sunday (06/22--06/24). You can still
register <http://seticon.com/2012/ticket-options/>, till this Tuesday the
19th. Weekend pass is $40 for a student, and $70 otherwise, and day passes
are available. The roster of speakers <http://seticon.com/speakers/> looks
really interesting, and likely relevant to some folks here. For more, go to
seticon.com, brief blurb below. I'm planning to go, and if any of you are
too, please email me!

I should introduce myself. I walked into an early Sudoroom meeting by
curiosity and accident and have lurked since then. It is so cool to see how
much has happened since then! I am a researcher with training in Artificial
Intelligence and Cognitive Science, and am currently applying those tools
to Crowdsourcing. I work at Google in San Francisco, and live in downtown
Oakland.

Thanks,

  - Praveen

SETIcon, envisioned and organized by the SETI Institute, is a unique,
entertaining and enlightening public event where science and imagination
meet.  SETIcon brings together innovative scientists, science fiction
authors, space and science artists, space lovers, and the curious and
adventurous everywhere for a 3-day public celebration and exploration of
space, real science, technology, imagination, and science education.

http://seticon.com/