[sudoroom] New to the Sudo Room, but not to Hacker Spaces

Gmail Personal sterling.cooley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 06:21:58 CEST 2012

Hey everyone!

My name is Sterling Cooley and I'm super pumped about the Sudo Room.

Personally, I am supremely interested in the hacking community. I am a film maker, which means documentaries, commercial work, and artistic narrative films.

In 2011 I helped, in many diverse ways, on a project about Iceland and their push to create a Data Haven for groups like WikiLeaks and political activists. This project took me all the way around the world to Finowfurt, Germany, just an hour outside of Berlin. There I attended the Chaos Communication Camp, which is a gathering of the most hardcore hacking community besides Defcon.

What I'm most excited about is the DIY Bio stuff that people have been talking about.

Another thing I am very involved with is Bitcoin. I was a miner for an entire year and had a successful mining farm. I truly believe in the world changing features of this new type of distributed currency.

I think you all are on to something really cool. So let's do this right!

--
Sterling Cooley