[sudoroom] updated notes

Susan Mernit mernit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 06:27:25 CEST 2012

marketing discussion:
Notes April 4, 2012

Outreach:
Do  we do a postcard to promote the event that everyone hands out?
Need design and printing fast!

Convening committee to send out invites?  Jessica next steps

Article  op piece in Oakland --and ad in Oakland Local (someone needs to
make them) -

List of other hacking and co working spaces
-Noisebridge, HackerDojo, Ace Monster Toys, Hacker Moms, Blue Room, Citizen
Space, Tech Liminal, HubOakland, Hub SF, Hub Berkeley, Crucible, LOL
Makerspace, Institute fo Sustainable Living (North Oakland), NIMBY, Vulcan
Labs, Kinectic Works, ACME Warehouse, MADE (Museum of Arts & Visual
Entertainment)
Because we Can, Nerd Night, DORKBot, MakeSF,  Workshop Weekend, Jingletown
arts cooperative?

Ask them donate something to raffle off ??

send invites to the folks for the event

invite to contribute fliers/table at event

use Eventbrite to list event so it gets on the calendar
sliding scale…

Make a Facebook page for the event and use to make people administrators
and invite people

--
Susan Mernit

*Founder, Oakland Local <http://www.oaklandlocal.com%20>, news & community