[SpaceProgram] NASA Lunabotics Mining Competition

Alex Cureton-Griffiths alexcg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:04:20 CET 2012

http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/centers/kennedy/technology/lunabotics.html

Since we've been talking of asteroid mining and potential habitats (of
which resource accumulation is a part), I think this could be a really
interesting challenge to go for. Not sure there's enough time before
the 2012 deadline, but 2013 application process opens in August 2012.
It's aimed at university students, so perhaps a hackerspace in
Academia could have a stab at it.

I'm not an advocate of mining the moon per se, but any mining robot
that can mine the moon can likely mine Mars, asteroids, etc.