[foodhackingbase] FHB blog and forum

Steffen Beyer steffen at beyer.io
Mon Feb 3 22:24:19 CET 2014

(CCing to the list)

On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 12:33:40 -0800 (PST), Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> http://design.aeonfarm.com/
>
> I personally hope to set up this for food hacking base community as
> part of our portal, but we should go slowly, we just fixed our wikies
> or at least it looks like, so bit by bit :-)

A forum might be nice, yes...

I already thought about a blog extension¹. There are also
forum/discussion extensions available²³.

An advantage would be to get single-sign-on (SSO) for free, i.e. users
would have to log on to only one system with a single username/password
combination. Using separate software for wiki, forum, whatever, this
can be tricky to achieve.

Has anybody got experience with this kind of MediaWiki extensions?

Steffen Beyer <steffen at beyer.io>

¹ http://wiki.4intra.net/Wikilog
² http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikiForum
³ http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LiquidThreads