[foodhackingbase] FHB blog and forum

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 09:44:27 CET 2014

Having several services like that under one sign up would be lovely. I'll keep that in mind and ask around for people who may have experience but it will have to wait a bit I think, still busy with touring and now the hackathon (14-16 of February).

Please keep me both of you posted about ideas and recommendations,

Talk to you soon,

On Monday, February 3, 2014 10:24 PM, Steffen Beyer <steffen at beyer.io> wrote:

(CCing to the list)

On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 12:33:40 -0800 (PST), Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> http://design.aeonfarm.com/
>
> I personally hope to set up this for food hacking base community as
> part of our portal, but we should go slowly, we just fixed our wikies
> or at least it looks like, so bit by bit :-)

A forum might be nice, yes...

I already thought about a blog extension¹. There are also
forum/discussion extensions available²³.

An advantage would be to get single-sign-on (SSO) for free, i.e. users
would have to log on to only one system with a single username/password
combination. Using separate software for wiki, forum, whatever, this
can be tricky to achieve.

Has anybody got experience with this kind of MediaWiki extensions?

Steffen Beyer <steffen at beyer.io>

¹ http://wiki.4intra.net/Wikilog
² http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikiForum
³ http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LiquidThreads