[Foodhacking_at_camp] structure of menu - recipes, manuals and photodocumentation

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 12:54:17 CEST 2011

>>> Hello!

----- Original Message ----
From: mAcfreAk <macfreak109 at gmail.com>
To: Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com>
Cc: Food Hacking at Camp 2011 <foodhacking_at_camp at lists.hackerspaces.org>
Sent: Tue, July 26, 2011 8:49:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Foodhacking_at_camp] structure of menu - recipes, manuals and
photodocumentation

Heya,

On 26 juil. 2011, at 21:06, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:

> The time has come to create at least the basic back bone of the menu.
>
> So I wonder how are we going to "organise" /do the recipes, manuals and
> photodocumentation of our food&beverage hacking activities/projects?
>
> I'm considering to make a "template" for the project (dish or beverage) and
> after that basically alter the recipe in advance based on the respective
> project/dish and if possible update it with photos and changes during the
> implementation. We would not make it for everything but we could cover maybe
> 50-60% percent of your projects ...
>
> What do you think? Shall we use the wiki, kind of this structure or some other

> system like blog or what would be the best? Example here without photos.
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Kombucha_Brewing_Manual_-_short_workshop_form

This is kinda static...I prefer a more colorful way of documentary like pictures
and step-by-step instructions with illustrations....but that's just me ;-)
Oh, and Wiki rocks BTW...

>>> Well as I've stated before the only thing which I've quite a bit of experience
>>>is wiki type of documentation (other than usual text and powerpoint style files)
>>>and I'm more than open to other solution. I was thinking about making the key
>>>documentary pictures, possibly schemes (if we have someone who can do nice and
>>>quick sketches) and have it on wiki with the clear style text. Advantage of this
>>>is that it is very quick to do, quite everyone can change it (simplicity and
>>>open access) and it is good for using as manual. However I do not know how easy
>>>it would be to make a "printable version" of that which I consider important for
>>>the workshops too. Please note that some of the recipes will be used during the
>>>camp several times and I certainly plan to use them for future parties, it work
>>>for me this way in the past really nicely so this should be classical "two flies
>>>hit". I think that we can go also for combination: most of the recipes in wiki
>>>format, the special ones in wordpress or what ever ...

> I'm familiar with wiki but that is kind of it ...
>
> The way how we organise our working manuals etc. is really crucial for our
> activities at the event but also for the presentation to the outer world. This

> is crucial point. We should also have a "corner" for making nice photographs of
>
> the dishes and access to the internet in the base.

What about filming it? We could set up a small camera recording a HD movie which
you could time-lapse to a mere seconds...
The camera could film from 2 different angles where one angle could be a focus
on a cutting place, for example (or any other strategically important area for a
certain dish/beverage).

>>> Filming would be great however my experience with editing the final material is
>>>very close to zero so someone else would have to step in and preferably, and I
>>>know it sounds as terrorising, he/she should do the editing before the end of
>>>the camp, otherwise they may find it to be very difficult to complete.

I could bring a small HD camcorder with a tripod to sit on. Hopefully, it won't
get stolen in the process :-/

>>> If you could bring the camcorder with tripod that would be great. I will try to
>>>get some movie people who will be at the camp to come too so they can include it
>>>to their materials. However for our purposes the HD camcorder would be really
>>>cool. We should have some spot which will be designed for making shots (nice
>>>white background or what ever ...).

mAcfreAk.

>>> Thanks for info, I'll work on the wiki today and I'll try to add there the
>>>documentation chapter so you can all update it later on.

>>> Sincerely,

>>> Frantisek

mAcfreAk        -      founder seeds.lu
    founding member syn2cat.lu