[Foodhacking_at_camp] updates - running water, septic tank

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 13:12:04 CEST 2011

When I was volunteering at the last CCC conference last December I've found out
that if you put out for example peeled oranges to the food section for the
volunteers at any given time, they would disappear within several minutes, I
would say half an hour max. If you left several unpeeled oranges in the bowl in
the evening, you would find around 60-80% of them still there in the morning. It
was a magical eye opener for me. I guess for more easily eatable fruits etc.
people will take care about them so your model should work to a degree. What I'm
a b it worried about is the fate of the knives and cutting boards which they
will use for the preparation ...

Please do not take me as pessimist but I've seen what the people and hackers
especially are able to do to the food if you let them. So such ideas like "you
add you dressing as you like" the same with sauces, cheeses etc. are mostly a
matter of past to me if I serve for larger public which is not very food
sensitive (and do not take me badly but many hackers have a terrible food diets
which makes our work even more important). These days I generally tent to
prepare nearly everything to the final stage and serve it. It is decreasing your
choice how to flavour the food but there were so many fuck ups ...

Anyway I'm sure that we will try to be nice and let see what is going to happen.
The "dummy" options are quite easy to apply at any time.

Sincerely,

Frantisek