[Foodhacking_at_camp] list of appliances etc.

phillip at bailey.st phillip at bailey.st
Thu Jul 7 23:47:38 CEST 2011

Hello Frantisek,

On 07/07/2011 11:29 PM, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I've done a bit of update on our wiki about the probiotic beverages. I'll do
> more but I've got really busy with my first in Ireland farmers market selling of
> already mentioned probiotic beverages. Tomorrows is my big day, I got around 36
> hours to brew something tasty so we will see.

Regarding probiotic beverages,do you know about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir ?

> How is the bread and Tuscan cuisine going?

I'm ready :-), do you maybe need a list of vegetables and ingredient for
some demo ?

> I'm adding a list of basic equipment which I proposed a while ago as being
> essential + handy. The whole washing dishes option is still in the air. I've
> also wrote down things which I would like to see being done for sure in the
> base, distillation is among them of course :-)))  Please send me comments and
> state what should be included, it is kind of basic start up list.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Frantisek
>
> PS I should be working on the wiki more on Sunday or at the beginning of the
> next week.
>
> appliances  2x stove (preferably gas), each 3-4 plates  2x oven (preferably gas)
> 1x electric griddle 1x food processor (heavy duty)  1x submersible blender 1x
> barbecue (charcoal) / should be constructed 1x stove (charcoal/wood) / should be
> constructed 2x fridges 1x chest freezer (big) 1x water cattle 1x coffee machine
> (not completely necessary) 1x crepe machine  1x double sink (running water
> available?) 1x food buffet style "heaters" - keeping the food hot (6-8 dishes, 5
> portions each at least)   notes stoves and ovens should be preferably combined
> (one chunk) food processor should have blender, dough kneader and shredder
> barbecue (charcoal) should be hacked on the spot   equipment  3x knife sets
> (whole range of sharp knifes) cutting board 5x spurtle (flat) 2x grater/shredder
> (heavy duty) 1x garlic crasher 4x ladle (deep) 4x ladle (shallow) 3x peeler (Y
> type - blade in the middle) 2x strainer 2x funnels 2x air pot coffee dispensers
> 4x small pot 3x medium pot 2x large pot 1x extra large pot 3x iron cast frying
> pans (1x small, 1x middle, 1 big)  1x Chinese wok 4x smaller size bowl 4x medium
> size bowl 3x large size bowl 8x baking sheets several sets of storage boxes,
> varous sites garbage basket storage containers (multiple sizes, compact design)
> kitchen towels (cotton) 3x stove gloves cleaning sponges cleaning towels
> ecological cleaning liquid cleaning powder sharpening stone sharpening steel
> garbage bags 3x baking paper 2x aluminium foil 2x plastic wrap foil 6x kitchen
> paper towels   ?) food hacking projects  - non alcoholic fermented drinks  -
> alcoholic fermented drinks  - distillation   - bread making  - smoking of meat
> and vegetables  - drying of meat etc.  - yogurt and kefir making  - cheese
> making  - tofu making  - liquid nitrogen cooking  - mushroom picking and
> preparation (experts only)   - insect cooking  - Indian corn fermentations
> (tortillas, tamales, atole etc.)

A few pots or sauce pans will be apreciated.

Best,

Phillip

- --
Smooth-Sec, multi threaded IDS/IPS linux distribution.
www.bailey.st