[Foodhacking_at_camp] list of appliances etc.

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 23:29:47 CEST 2011

Hi Guys,
I've done a bit of update on our wiki about the probiotic beverages. I'll do
more but I've got really busy with my first in Ireland farmers market selling of
already mentioned probiotic beverages. Tomorrows is my big day, I got around 36
hours to brew something tasty so we will see.

How is the bread and Tuscan cuisine going?

I'm adding a list of basic equipment which I proposed a while ago as being
essential + handy. The whole washing dishes option is still in the air. I've
also wrote down things which I would like to see being done for sure in the
base, distillation is among them of course :-)))  Please send me comments and
state what should be included, it is kind of basic start up list.

Sincerely,

Frantisek

PS I should be working on the wiki more on Sunday or at the beginning of the
next week.

appliances  2x stove (preferably gas), each 3-4 plates  2x oven (preferably gas)
1x electric griddle 1x food processor (heavy duty)  1x submersible blender 1x
barbecue (charcoal) / should be constructed 1x stove (charcoal/wood) / should be
constructed 2x fridges 1x chest freezer (big) 1x water cattle 1x coffee machine
(not completely necessary) 1x crepe machine  1x double sink (running water
available?) 1x food buffet style "heaters" - keeping the food hot (6-8 dishes, 5
portions each at least)   notes stoves and ovens should be preferably combined
(one chunk) food processor should have blender, dough kneader and shredder
barbecue (charcoal) should be hacked on the spot   equipment  3x knife sets
(whole range of sharp knifes) cutting board 5x spurtle (flat) 2x grater/shredder
(heavy duty) 1x garlic crasher 4x ladle (deep) 4x ladle (shallow) 3x peeler (Y
type - blade in the middle) 2x strainer 2x funnels 2x air pot coffee dispensers
4x small pot 3x medium pot 2x large pot 1x extra large pot 3x iron cast frying
pans (1x small, 1x middle, 1 big)  1x Chinese wok 4x smaller size bowl 4x medium
size bowl 3x large size bowl 8x baking sheets several sets of storage boxes,
varous sites garbage basket storage containers (multiple sizes, compact design)
kitchen towels (cotton) 3x stove gloves cleaning sponges cleaning towels
ecological cleaning liquid cleaning powder sharpening stone sharpening steel
garbage bags 3x baking paper 2x aluminium foil 2x plastic wrap foil 6x kitchen
paper towels   ?) food hacking projects  - non alcoholic fermented drinks  -
alcoholic fermented drinks  - distillation   - bread making  - smoking of meat
and vegetables  - drying of meat etc.  - yogurt and kefir making  - cheese
making  - tofu making  - liquid nitrogen cooking  - mushroom picking and
preparation (experts only)   - insect cooking  - Indian corn fermentations
(tortillas, tamales, atole etc.)