[Finance] Hackerspace financial software and processes

Paul Brown paul90brown at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 03:00:41 CET 2014

For streamlining the way you record membership payments, I would recommend
a billing system. Here are the ones we looked at:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Financial_Research#Invoicing_and_Billing
(we ended up going with WHMCS) However, I saw Killbill.io recently and it
looked really interesting too.

I would recommend not accepting cash. Here's some of the logic behind that
decision:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20130630#No_Longer_Accepting_Cash_For_Membership_Dues_.28Paul_Brown.29

We use quickbooks, and we're about to switch to quickbooks online. It's
industry standard and generally better than gnucash. This page has some
details about that:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Bookkeeping_Software#Quickbooks_Desktop