[Finance] Hackerspace financial software and processes

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:56:31 CET 2014

Thanks for the info Paul, Kill Bill looks very promising!  I have briefly
looked at Seltzer CRM, what were you guys' conclusions on that software?

At this point I don't think we are in a position to deny members who would
rather pay cash (and really that group includes me).  I think automated
reminders and overdue notices would help there, as well as some integration
between the financial system and the billing/membership system.

GnuCash definitely doesn't do everything we want.  Still, I'd strongly
prefer an open-source solution, so I'm inclined to keep using it as a
backend and building stuff around it, eventually replacing it.  I think
we've made good progress already:  https://github.com/nylen/gnucash-django