[hackerspaces] COVID-19 and Hackerspaces Interveiew Makers on Tap

hellekin hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Thu Mar 26 15:44:53 CET 2020

On 3/26/20 3:22 PM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020, 06:40 hellekin <hellekin at hackerspaces.org
> <mailto:hellekin at hackerspaces.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hey Ceci,
>
>     I can only point you to materials in French, but I'm sure others can
>     find similar information in English or Portuguese.
>

> <SNIP>
>
> Hi, Hellekin!  Hope you are well and happy!  :D
>
> I am collecting ideas and tutorials in Portuguese, English, Spanish,
> and Italian, but didn't try the French ones and these are very cute.  <3
>
> My French is more sedentary than me in this moment, but I promise I
> will exercise it again, thanks a lot!  <3

Here's something to exercise your French (also available in English and
Spanish):

https://ps.zoethical.org/t/prendre-soin-du-monde-une-pratique-transformatrice/3412

EN:
https://ps.zoethical.org/t/caring-for-the-world-a-transformative-practice/3446

ES:
https://ps.zoethical.org/t/cuidar-al-mundo-una-practica-transformadora/3447

> Some of the ideas in general are pretty hard and expensive to the poor
> Brazilian hackerspaces.  So I am searching for something cheap and
> really useful because we have a huge demand from public hospitals and
> poor communities.

Rama showed me something that you might like to make (and I'm adding an
extra video for an alternate design):

DIY ventilators... Probably there are plenty of alternate designs available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t2t8d8xtD0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0386hOgcQTA

Also realitygaps is working on a DIY protection mask for medical
personnel, made from the Decathlon EasyBreath diving mask that was used
in Italy to make custom respirators for COVID-19 patients. I guess he's
gonna post something about it soonish.

<3 and stay strong!

==
hk