[hackerspaces] content review project

Aljaž Srebrnič a2piratesoft at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:23:24 CET 2019

> Hi Aimee,
>
> I was at the 35c3 meeting where we discussed the need for a content review:
>
> Hi I was there to, I was the person with the LED hat ;-)
>
> 2. long term solution - find good long term solutions for keeping the
> data current and up to date
>
> Maybe implement a kind of refresh option, if its abandoned for more then x time automagic set it to 'inactive'
>
> 1st stage - help needed with:
>
> b. automatically identifying and flagging dead links on active profiles
> and marking them as dead links on profiles
>
> I can program in php/python but are not an expert in (Semantic) wiki, some help here would be appreciated.

I could ”probably” take care of that, but I’m far from an expert.

> c. visit hackerspaces in your area and updating their profile or asking
> them to update their profile accordingly - think of this a human
> verification to make sure they are still active and run by people (as
> opposed to corporate bots)
>
> I can do this for Netherlands and dutch speaking part of Belgium. Other places if I can manage contact them by internet.
> I notice for the Dutch hackerspace there are 27 listed, but 13 are 'real' hacerspaces. The remaining are FabLabs, (commercial) makerspaces or just group of friends. Is there a easy way to difference between these groups? There is a [[Category:FabLab]] but as far i can see you cant edit this with the form (and not every fablab use this)

I’d really not want to start a discussion here what’s a hackerspace and what’s not, let’s just get the open/closed status updated, we can focus on the discussion on what constitutes a hackerspace later 😊 Maybe if a space self-identifies as a FabLab in his homepage, we could add it in the FabLab category, so we can decide what to to with them later on.

Cheers,
Aljaž