[hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

Yosem Companys ycompanys at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 06:57:16 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I'm glad to see that Cecilia shared her request for projects with the
Hackerspaces list.

I'm one of the people involved with Liberationtech. I helped lead
Liberationtech from 2006 until recently, so I'm in a good position to
answer the question posed to Cecilia.

Liberationtech subscribers typically write about any topic at the
intersection of tech and public goods, including but not limited to any of
the following:

   - Censorship, repression, and freedom (e.g., Freedom of Expression -
   FoE, Free Speech, NetFreedom, Right to Information - RTI)
   - Democracy, politics, elections, and voting (e.g., Netroots, Tea Party)
   - Activism, protest, and movements (e.g., Occupy, Anonymous, Hacktivism)
   - Human rights
   - Security (e.g., cybersecurity)
   - Privacy
   - Development (e.g., Information and Communication Technologies for
   Development - ICT4D, Tech for Development - Tech4Dev, Global Development -
   GlobalDev)
   - Education (e.g., Information and Communication Technologies for
   Education - ICT4E)
   - Governance and accountability (e.g., eGovernance - eGov, Open
   Governance - OpenGov, Governance 2.0 - gov20)
   - Health (e.g., eHealth, mHealth)
   - Drones
   - Environment
   - Entrepreneurship (e.g., Social Entrepreneurship - socent)
   - Social science (e.g., impact of technology on society)
   - Policy / law (e.g., tech law, copyright law)

That said, we're very open minded. If there are other topics that you feel
should be included in Liberationtech, please let us know. We're pretty much
driven by the interest of our subscribers. So if you're passionate about a
given subject excluded above, please join us and tell us about it!

Best,
Yosem