[hackerspaces] Mastodon?

Edward L Platt ed at elplatt.com
Mon Apr 17 20:01:41 CEST 2017

"bloody works" is great. I plan to violate your trademark ;)

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Walter van Holst <walter at revspace.nl>
wrote:

> On 2017-04-17 17:26, Matt Joyce wrote:
>
>> ruby and node... because node wasn't bad enough they bolted ruby onto
>> it to make it somehow worse.
>>

> Ah, the holier-than-thou language-hipsters are out in full force. It at
> least doesn't look like something designed by a sentient version of
> Stallman's barf, unlike several other attempts and so far it bloody
> works[tm].
>
> And as Kyrah already mentioned, there's nothing keeping you from
> implementing it in a language that meets your delicate sensibilities. Knock
> yourself out, do it in formally verified Erlang, Perl 7 or Golang. Just
> make sure that the UI doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out and I might
> even want to use it.
>
> Regards,
>
>  Walter

Edward L. Platt
PhD student, University of Michigan School of Information
https://elplatt.com
@elplatt <http://twitter.com/elplatt>
KC1DYK

Tips for stopping email overload:
https://hbr.org/2012/02/stop-email-overload-1

This digital electronic mail message was sent from my general-purpose
desktop personal computing machine.  Please forgive any overly-verbose,
long-winded, rambling prose.