[hackerspaces] Mastodon?

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Mon Apr 17 19:59:11 CEST 2017

On 2017-04-17 17:26, Matt Joyce wrote:
> ruby and node... because node wasn't bad enough they bolted ruby onto
> it to make it somehow worse.

Ah, the holier-than-thou language-hipsters are out in full force. It at
least doesn't look like something designed by a sentient version of
Stallman's barf, unlike several other attempts and so far it bloody
works[tm].

And as Kyrah already mentioned, there's nothing keeping you from
implementing it in a language that meets your delicate sensibilities.
Knock yourself out, do it in formally verified Erlang, Perl 7 or Golang.
Just make sure that the UI doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out and
I might even want to use it.

Regards,

  Walter