[hackerspaces] Question regarding member dispute

Marxos dreamingforward at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 06:33:06 CET 2016

> Another question about process:
>
> What are your internal steps? Are they to verbally counsel, then go to a
> written warning, or go to a written caution right away?

Not that you asked me, but since it's a common issue, I tell you that
you shouldn't use recipes for conflict resolution:  such recipes never
have respect because it means those that are following a recipe have
no authority of their own.

You either have to earn the authority or appeal to higher-level ones.
This could mean higher, commonly-held *ideals*, but there's a limit to
what you can sell and ultimately it usually comes down to your own
personal power.  For that there's no recipe.

Mark