[hackerspaces] Question regarding member dispute

Sam Ley sam.ley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 06:47:38 CET 2016

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Marxos <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not that you asked me, but since it's a common issue, I tell you that
> you shouldn't use recipes for conflict resolution:  such recipes never
> have respect because it means those that are following a recipe have
> no authority of their own.

Well said - this is a better way of stating what I was rambling about - it
is OK to have a formal process to set the baseline expectation, but always
give yourself the freedom to act as needed to resolve any given situation,
up to and including immediate dismissal. No need to be trigger happy, but
if people know they can force you to dance through a little formula in
order to hold them accountable, they will mess with you.