[hackerspaces] Group subscriptions to online training or digital libraries

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Wed May 27 16:04:45 CEST 2015

It’s a nice idea, but it’s the same here (not enough funds to afford a group training/learning package). We’ve always just done it one-off for specific projects like our machining class and such (smartflix.com <http://smartflix.com/>).

If we were to consider something like this I would want to make sure it’s going to get used, as in having some workshops that center around using some of the materials and such. Otherwise I’d expect the majority of people would sit around thinking it would be nice to use it some day and before they knew it would have expired. At least, I know that’s how it would probably work for me unless there was a dedicated class that took advantage of the materials somehow.

Thanks,
-dosman