[hackerspaces] Alcohol policies?

Ben Brown ben at generik.ca
Mon Mar 30 23:17:04 CEST 2015

We tend to err on 'don't restrict unless it become a serious problem',
in this case we have alcohol at our space, and members BYOB. Sometimes
there's leftover booze from parties and other events. It hasn't caused a
problem so far.

Our Health and Safety policy is common-sense and due-diligence based. We
provide safety gear, procedures and training for specific tools (like a
laser cutter or cnc router), but otherwise you're on your own. If you
hurt yourself using power tools after 10 beers, it's your own damn fault.

Additionally, a member can be asked to leave, faces suspension or even
termination for irresponsible and dangerous behavior that goes against
the H&S policy.

Ben