[hackerspaces] Improve hackerspace diversity - Donate to Ada Initiative

Randall Arnold randall.arnold at texrat.net
Tue Sep 23 23:25:46 CEST 2014

But instead of getting the talk killed outright, doesn't approaching the speaker
openly and honestly to request she preface the talk with reasonable disclaimers
make much more sense?

I have no dog in this one so I'm being fairly objective I think when I submit
that Violet was mistreated here.  Fear over a provocative talk title followed by
knee-jerking political correctness was not at all the answer.

Randy