[hackerspaces] Fwd: Vaping in Spaces?

ITechGeek itg at itechgeek.com
Wed Oct 8 13:39:43 CEST 2014

Vaping itself isn't harmful to others as far as anything I've read (I
haven't read any research on pubmed, but in other places).

The only thing that would be a problem to others is either the sight of it
(people think vaping is the same as smoking and feel the same about it as
smoking) or the chemicals involved in the flavor/smells (people can have a
bad reaction to any chemical, particularly in enclosed spaces).

I think the proposed rule in the original email is fair and I would also
attach a suggestion for the vapor to avoid flavors (one person's rose could
be another's skunk).

Now I'm against <18 using it just because that is our arbitrary cut off in
the US between child and adult and you can easily get A LOT more nicotine
from an e-cig.

On a lighter note, a friend had someone report him to metro (DC's subway
system) security cause they could "smell the tobacco" almost a full car
away on the platform of a large station.  I think he said he was vaping
non-flavored at the time.  He has also had people tell him to "put out
his cigarette"
when smoking a blue tipped e-cig, threaten to report him for the fire
hazard, threaten to kick him out of places cause they could smell the
tabacco, etc).

I haven't looked into vaping weed, but I would imagine it is like vaping
nicotine and only the vapor gets the thc and would be ok w/ that being
treated the same.

-ITG (ITechGeek)
ITG at ITechGeek.Com
https://itg.nu/
GPG Keys: https://itg.nu/contact/gpg-key
Preferred GPG Key: Fingerprint: AB46B7E363DA7E04ABFA57852AA9910A DCB1191A
Google Voice: +1-703-493-0128 / Twitter: ITechGeek / Facebook:
http://fb.me/Jbwa.Net