[hackerspaces] Question for US hackerspaces: local taxes on assets?

Mars Saxman mars at redecho.org
Fri May 16 21:47:15 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-16 12:41, dosman wrote:
> I was just curious how other spaces have
> handled this? I know this will vary from state to state, I'm just
> curious more than anything.

In Seattle, ALTSpace refuses to take possession of any assets
whatsoever. The LLC rents a space, and ALTSpace members use that space
to store and use their tools, which they share with each other in
various ways. Some of the more expensive tools are owned by groups of
members who contributed to the purchase cost.

Also, we're a non-profit, so they don't really care.