[hackerspaces] Does the maker culture get the step on the hackers culture?

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 20:56:10 CEST 2014

> Seriously - who the hell (other than yourself) decided that you are the
> ne plus ultra authority on all that ails America?
> No, your writing isn't offensive to me; rather, it's laughable because
> it simply doesn't stand up to critical thinking.
> What I do find mildly
> irksome, however, is your arrogance and presumptuousness, and
> specifically that you seem to believe that you can tell me (or anyone
> else) that we need to mould ourselves to your ideas of how the world
> should work.
> For someone who seems to hold the apparent hacker ideal of freedom of
> thought in high regard, everything of yours that I have read seems to
> indicate that we should all bend to your will, as your will and ideals
> are the only ones that are correct.  Bloody hypocrite.
> Kindly stop presuming to speak for me or anyone else, and feel free to
> eat shit and die if you think for one second that I will tolerate you
> presuming to do so.  You certainly have the right to speak your mind,
> but your mind is certainly not mine - and neither should you assume that
> it is anyone else's.

Let me sum up your message:  "don't tell me what to do!".  Got it.

But I wasn't.  I was informing you on the state of the world that you
might not be familiar because if you're like many Americans and others
in the G8 economies, your life has been subsidized by the luxuries of
Conquest, and you've lapsed into complete irresponsibility like
everybody else (what's called "drinking the koolaid").

You could have ignored the information, but you got on the defensive,
pointing out latent guilty feelings on your part.  Most drink alcohol
at that point for this -- one of the reasons it's misused on a
wide-scale in America (speaking of "volatilecompounds"), with AA
meetings in most every city.

In any case, I have to label you a "faux rebel", because while
asserting your independence (which, by the way, was already granted by
America and probably everyone already  on the list), you couldn't
actually address the points that were raised.

Til next time...

marcos