[hackerspaces] Let's end the unnecessary joining of the words "food" and "hacking"

Kevin Mitnick kevin.mitnick at outlook.com
Mon Jan 27 19:34:11 CET 2014

Since we feel that diluting this term is a good idea, I propose that we change things on the Wiki and elsewhere to address this use of the word "hacker".
- "Building hacker" is now the term for a architect.- "Food hacker" now encompasses being a chef, baker, cook, or just some dude making a sandwich.- "Government hacker" is not a term for someone in China's military, but for a politician.- "E-mail hacker" includes every person in this mailing list and I guess those who are not too.- "Rent hacker" is someone who evades paying their own rent.- "Money hacker" is someone who invests in the stock market or can encompass a gambler too.- "Music hacker" is someone who listens to music.- "Musical hacker" is someone who makes music with an instrument.- "Brotruck hacker" is someone who drives a lifted truck.
I am going to go and edit the Wiki to reflect this.

Kevin Mitnick
(May or may not be the Kevin you think I am)