[hackerspaces] Safe Space Policies?

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Mon Jan 27 06:37:03 CET 2014

Are you familiar with the term, “mansplaining?” It is what happens to a lot of women in a technical context (or otherwise) when a man figures he needs to tell a woman how to do something because she’s doing it wrong (the subtext being: because she’s a woman and therefore not technical like the man).

I just found it ironic that there is an immediate quibble (that wasn’t even material) that involved one of the strident, male objectors to having an anti-discrimination policy telling the woman collecting a survey how she wasn’t doing it right.

Al

From: Red Davies Red Davies

So on the basis of my gender I'm not allowed to express an opinion on how data is solicited and collected?  le sigh.
--
Al Billings
http://makehacklearn.org