[hackerspaces] The Collapse of Tarrant Makers

Randall Arnold randall.arnold at texrat.net
Mon Dec 8 23:55:58 CET 2014

I just realized I probably didn't share with the list that our maker-oriented
foundation, The Tarrant County Maker Community Foundation (aka Tarrant Makers)
is defunct as of October 31, 2014.

It's a sad ending to what was for me a three-year effort in pulling together a
maker community and organization for our area.  However, there's still a need
and interest, as demonstrated in various library and school-based makerspaces
popping up, so I'm not completely discouraged.

Here's my very sanitized take on the subject:
http://texrat.net/tarrant-makers-fall-of-a-foundation/

For unsanitized, you'll have to hit me up privately. ;)

Anyway, good fodder for the maker community book I'm working on...
http://makerxp.org

Randy