[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces survey on Free/Libre Open Source Software

hellekin hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Sun Apr 6 17:54:55 CEST 2014

On 04/06/2014 12:45 PM, matt wrote:

> So, I'd say do whatever floats your boat, but don't expect hackerspaces
> to line up and support FLOSS across the board.  That was never the
> point.  Even in european hackerspaces.

*** AFAIK, in hacklabs, it's mandatory: that's a question of politics.
Technological sovereignty is a goal.

Although I've seen Macs at the Metalab, I've seen more GNU/Linux laptops
in the Chaos Computer Clubs.  I can't rule out some use Windows or Macs,
but I think the majority is concerned with privacy, technological
sovereignty, and freedom.

So there's room for refining the categories on the hackerspaces wiki.

==
hk