[hackerspaces] Giving a talk on 3D printing and need some help

Phil Broussard phillip at squidfoo.com
Thu May 16 16:01:56 CEST 2013

Long story short, I have to give a last minute talk on 3D printers
tonight. They have it listed as a 2 hour presentation so I need some
help. To make matters worse the only printer we have working decided to
have a stepper motor die. So now I have 10 hours to make this work.

Any good suggestions on topics I should cover? I'm going to try and
cover open source hardware, history, how printers work, current uses and
anything else you guys can help me think of. I'm also going to try and
put together a one page handout that will help get people more
information on 3d printers.

So anything you all can do to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil