[hackerspaces] Giving a talk on 3D printing and need some help

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Thu May 16 16:13:25 CEST 2013

Don't forget to talk about the part everyone I've talked to about 3D
printers is they always think there's a 3D scanner part that goes with it.
 So make sure to explain that most of the time the user normally has to
download the 3D drawing or make the 3D drawing themselves.  You can then
talk about how there are some 3D scanners you can buy as well as make
yourself from a Microsoft Kinect.  Don't forget to cover the steps from
"cradle to the grave" of making something in 3D.

If you are really pressed for time and you need to take up some time you
can always bring up the 3D printed gun hullabaloo to really get people
thinking and discussing these.  Or you might be better off not mentioning
it at all - even though it might come up from someone in the audience...