[hackerspaces] crowd sourcing platforms - Europe friendly

☮ elf Pavlik ☮ perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Thu Jun 13 14:47:48 CEST 2013

Excerpts from Frantisek Apfelbeck's message of 2013-06-12 02:59:41 +0000:
> Hi to all,
> Our project of Food Hacking Base is preparing for crowd sourcing campaign for the upcoming OHM 2013. I would like to ask if you could recommend or review "European friendly" platforms where we could sign in with our project and campaign for needed funds based on crowd sourcing. It would be very good if people could contribute without having an account there, so PayPal or credit/debit card payments. It is our first time, so we are lacking experience. Many thanks for any info!
>
> Just to mention, we have found that we are not feasible for Kickstarter because we are not USA or UK based and part of our project are energy drinks (mate sodas etc.). We have found that the Indiegogo may be suitable for us, but I think that they are USA based, so I'm worried about euro x dollar exchange commission, plus I think $25 for wire transfer ...
>
> Any other options?  We want to start campaign within a week lets say for around a month.
have you considered 'open source':
* http://goteo.org/
* http://catarse.me/en
* http://selfstarter.us/ (seams to have build in https://payments.amazon.com )

maybe one can add #polycurrency and accept bitcoin, webcredits etc. ?
interesting open development: http://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/

cheers!