[hackerspaces] Firearms in Hackerspaces?

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:06:58 CET 2013

wow.

pretty sure OP didn't intend this as a gun rights conversation, nor a
"what's a gun" conversation.

whether or not a space allows guns is a micro-culture issue, not a
rights issue.  You don't get to tell another culture what they should
and shouldn't do.

lets stop trying to convince each other to allow or to not allow guns
and instead just answer OP's question.  Directly, without judgments.
</endrant>

so, ArchReactor has no specific gun rules.  We do have a "don't be a
dick" rule though, and we have enough concealed carry licensed members
(that discretely do so) that removing a gun wielding ass-hat would not
a huge issue.