[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces Re:Foundation (Was Re: Abuse Of Power)

hellekin hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Sun Apr 14 01:23:25 CEST 2013

On 04/13/2013 04:48 PM, Matt Joyce wrote:

> Many spaces are tiny.  Helping to bootstrap them is something that
> hackerspaces.org was setup to do.  In fact I am pretty sure one of the very
> first things posted there was design patterns docs.

*** It reminds me of a conversation I had last time I visited <<</>>.
The Dresden chapter of CCC is an awesome little community with great
hackers, and great projects. But they're a very small group, and would
benefit from a much larger space that, unfortunately, they cannot
afford--rent in Dresden is pretty high, and they currently benefit from
a zero EURO electricity bill that's difficult to beat.

I suggested that they could share that concern with the rest of the
community to see whether they can get help finding the financial
resources to expand their available working space. I believe a
Hackerspaces Foundation could help in that kind of situations.

==
hk
> projects have access to resources.  But they also agree to some level of
> adherence to uniform standards.

*** Given the endless argument on this list about hackerspaces /
hacklabs / makerspaces / etc., I wonder how we can reach a consensus on
such uniform standards. That's an interesting challenge, and Mark
Janssen might hold part of the answer with his game.

> Try and fail and try again is how we get shit done.

*** +1

==
hk