[hackerspaces] New Member Vetting

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 00:21:36 CEST 2012

So how much do you see equipment downtime?

Even though we have equipment that hasn't really been "abused" we still
see things fail, and they often take time to repair, and that's time
lost for people who want to use the equipment, especially those who can
only make it to the space once or twice a week at best.

Laser cutters especially seem pretty easy to do damage to themselves by
people not properly trained in their usage.

Pete