[hackerspaces] fossjobs - job platform for open source jobs

Moritz Bartl moritz at hackerbus.eu
Tue Nov 20 19:30:29 CET 2012

On 20.11.2012 18:31, James Carlson wrote:
> Just so I understand, if I have a for-profit company that works with
> open source tech (for example, contributing to development, giving back
> code etc.) and am looking for talent--it's a good fit?
>
> Also--you're running it as a non-profit, do you have / would you like
> 501c3 status? This is something that could connect with the Space
> Federation (48 spaces and counting!) because many members are themselves
> in FOSS related work. I'd like to partner!

I haven't actually made my mind up yet what exactly defines an "Open
Source job". But, I have the feeling there's need for a platform that
has a very strict set of job offers. A company that just promises to
"give back" isn't good enough in my eyes. If a job is "working on a
product", the product should be Open Source, not only the tools used.

501c3: fossjobs.net for now is just a "personal" website without any
official status. That said, I am interested in all sorts of
partnerships. What do you have in mind?

You can also find me as "gamambel" on IRC (OFTC/Freenode).
--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/