[hackerspaces] Member Storage

Doug Philips doug at hackpittsburgh.org
Mon Nov 5 18:10:21 CET 2012

Here at HackPittsburgh we have shelves and space for members to keep a
14gallon bin (or equivalent). Members must supply their own compliant
sized bin (One member has gutted a small shop vac).

Jeff's idea is interesting, but our member's bins are storage for
projects and miscellanea and definitely need sides to keep the stuff
from spilling out. Having a flat-only space would definitely limit the
amount of stuff a member could fit onto one tray. Shop tools should not
be put into members bin, and I think the tray option, while intriguing,
might encourage members to keep shop tools tied up and would also blur
the line between "this is a shop tool, this is my own private doodad".

-=Doug